Monday, November 22, 2010

Little Cove Creek






















Weather:


Location: 37.702973,-79.210052

View Larger Map
For my first excursion into GWNF in search of Brook Trout I fished Little Cove Creek at the headwaters of the Buffalo Rivers North Fork. The weather was ideal, high 60's, after a dense morning fog. I dressed for colder conditions and found myself down dressing within the first hour. Stream levels were high and crossing without waders proved challenging at times.
As usual I traveled light:
Lowa Banff Pro boots with smart wool light hikers for the dogs. Exofficio Ambush pants and Baja long sleeve shirt keeping me comfortable and offering plenty of storage for fly's, leaders and camera. Rod was a St. Croix Imperial 8', 4wt, 4pcs with a SA System1 456 reel and Cortland 444, wf 4wt floating line.
 My fly collection is composed of dries and nymphs from past Sierra high mountain trips. I blind cast a bead head "lightning bug" size 14 prospector into the pool heads with no takes.

No comments:

Post a Comment